Kanawha 4-H Youth Development Program
Sherry Swint, Extension Educator
4-H in Kanawha County
Did you know that in 4-H you can build rockets, learn photography, be a news reporter, raise small pets, do computer projects, go to camp and make new friends? Did you know that 4-H is for everyone between the ages of 5 and 21? That’s right, everyone! In 4-H you can learn leadership skills, be a mentor, and contribute to your community!
Experience what 4-H in Kanawha County has to offer
- —at different types of 4-H camps
- —at 4-H club meetings
- —in horse clubs, shooting sports, and other special groups
- —in 4-H community service projects
- —in individual 4-H projects about topics you pick like computers, photography and more
- —on trips to places nearby and far away
- —on international adventures
- —in groups that work with helpful teen and adult leaders.
Come join 4-H and have fun while you discover who you are. For more information about 4-H and how you can join the fun, call the Kanawha County Extension Service at (304) 720-9573 or a Club in your Community.
Urban 4-H and 4-H Afterschool
4-H partners in 4-H programming and curriculum, as well as fun, hands-on learning activities for youth. Don’t be surprised if your child participates in a 4-H program in school or in an afterschool program.
Cloverbuds is a program for youth 5 8 years of age. Children experience 4-H through fun, hands-on activities that relate to the 4-H project areas. A special day camp is offered for Cloverbuds in July of each year. Most Cloverbud programs are associated and meet concurrently as 4-H clubs.